Updated: 3 June 2018
Terms & Conditions
Please read through and familiarise yourself with Salty Dog Game Fishing’s (SDGF) Terms & Conditions before participating in any of our arranged activities. All Terms and Conditions are binding once a trip is booked. We try to be as concise as possible, but if you have any concerns or queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
General Terms & Conditions
- Please satisfy yourself that you have been given adequate guidance as to the suitability of the fishing trip before booking. If in any doubt please contact us.
- The minimum age for all fishing trips is 18. Minors have to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Whilst on board, for your own safety and the safety of the crew and other anglers, the decision of the Skipper is final.
- Full payment is required to secure a booking.
- Settlement must be made up to two weeks before the date of your trip; SDGF reserves the right to re-sell the trip if payment hasn’t been made two weeks before the trip. Guides and dates cannot be held or reserved without payment.
- There are 2 options to pay, either by Paypal or a direct bank transfer. Paypal will give an option to pay by credit card as well, if preferred. There are details of both on our booking page.
- You have to accept our terms & conditions, when booking and paying for a SDGF activity. An indemnity agreement will be sent to you to sign electronically in the week before taking part in any of our activities. If you have any queries, please contact us.
- SDGF reserves the right to cancel any activities arranged by us due to severe weather conditions at any time. We will endeavour to find an alternative date to accommodate you, but in the case that an alternative date cannot be found, you will be issued with a refund and our liability will cease forthwith.
- If you have to cancel for any reason at any time prior to the trip, SDGF will refund 50% of total amount paid. Refunds will only be given if a minimum of 7 days notice of cancellation has been given. (This does not apply to activities booked through Sportfish and Orvis; please refer to their terms & conditions.)
- SDGF does not accept any liability whatsoever in respect of personal injury, loss or damage to effects howsoever caused, whilst participating in activities arranged by us.
- We strongly recommend you take out personal Travel Insurance to cover possible loss of gear, medical expenses, cancellation, etc.
As our activities have a physical element, you should have an adequate level of fitness.
If you have a medical condition, e.g. epilepsy, heart condition, giddy spells, asthma, diabetes etc, you are strongly advised to check with your doctor before booking. Should you suffer from any condition you should disclose this information to us before booking any activities with SDGF.
This information will not disqualify you from participation, but for the safety for all on board the skipper reserves the right to know about any conditions you might suffer.
Adventure destinations outside the UK
Payment & deposits
The following applies to all adventure trips booked and arranged by Salty Dog Game Fishing. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as all terms are binding once a trip is booked. Receipt of deposit and/or final payment is acknowledgment that registrant has read and accepts the deposit, cancellation, refund and responsibility clauses.
- A 50% deposit per angler of the total package cost for each trip is due to SDGF within 10 days of booking to secure the trip reservation. Deposits are non-refundable after 90 days before the trip. Please view which refund terms apply below.
- Reservations for any of our tours outside the UK for which payment is not received on time as per the terms are subject to cancellation by SDGF. You will receive 7 days notification of cancellation.
- SDGF reserves the right to charge a handling fee of €100.00 per person for any date changes after the initial reservation has been made.
- Full payment for all SDGF trips is due 60 days prior to departure and start of trip.
Travel Insurance with Repatriation Cover
Because many deposits and final payments for trip packages are non-refundable, it is highly recommended that you purchase trip insurance in the event that you have to cancel, postpone or reschedule your trip for any reason. Please be aware that this is the only way that Salty Dog can assist you with compensation for a cancelled trip.
- Comprehensive travel, medical, baggage, money and cancellation insurance are compulsory on all Salty Dog Game Fishing tours. This is the clients’ own responsibility and should be arranged in your country of origin.
- It is highly recommended that all clients have adequate medical insurance that includes medical evacuation from point of injury. We recommend you obtain this through Global Rescue – http://www.globalrescue.com/ who are world leaders and are strongly linked with the fishing travel industry.
- IT IS STRONGLY ADVISABLE THAT TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY AT THE TIME OF BOOKING.
General Terms and Conditions
- SDGF in its sole discretion reserves the right to make alterations to the tour itinerary as it deems necessary and to pass onto clients all costs occasioned by delays or occurrences beyond their control.
- Clients are subject to the tariffs and terms and conditions of all tickets, vouchers and contracts of such hotel/lodges, airlines, ferry/boat services, rail-service operators, owners and contractors issued in connection with the tour, and the issuance and acceptance of any such tickets, vouchers and contracts shall be deemed to be consent to such conditions.
- SDGF is not responsible for, and do not assume responsibility for, the acts or omissions of any third-party contractors, outfitters, airlines, railroads, ship owners, charter air carriers, sea or road shuttle services and taxi drivers, hotels, lodges, independent fishing guides or other service providers engaged by SDGF on behalf of the client, or the client directly in connection with any tour.
- SDGF in its sole discretion reserves the right to: (1) make such alterations in the tour itinerary as it deems necessary or desirable, (2) to refuse to accept or retain as a member of the tour party any person at any time (in such case refund will be based on the actual cost of the unfinished portion of tour), and (3) to pass on to tour members all expenditures occasioned by delays or occurrences beyond their control.
- SDGF reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel any tour prior to departure, in which case full refunds will constitute full settlement to the tour member. Prices quoted are based on foreign exchange values and tariffs currently in effect, and prices are subject to change.
- Baggage and personal effects of tour members, including items purchased, are the sole responsibility of such tour members at all times and no agent of SDGF is authorized to accept these for storage, safekeeping, or transportation.
- Please familiarise yourself with our Indemnity agreement and sign the form before embarking on SDGF tours.
Cancellation by Salty Dog Game Fishing:
In the event of tour being cancelled, the client may choose a full refund or alternatively any other tour that Salty Dog Game Fishing is in the position to offer. If the price of the alternative tour is less than the original tour booked, the difference will be refunded to the client. If the alternative tour is more expensive, then the client will be liable for the additional cost.
Cancellation by Client:
Notification of cancellation must be in writing and is effective as of the date it is received by Salty Dog Game Fishing. Please keep in mind that SDGF and all clients must adhere to each individual lodge cancellation and refund policy.
Once deposit is received, all revisions are subject to a €100 handling fee. If you fail to join a tour, or join after departure, or leave prior to its completion, no reimbursement whatsoever will be made. Should a client cancel a tour and cannot himself find an immediate replacement the following terms apply:
- Cancellation within 90 days = 90% refund of the deposit or 90% transfer to another date or angler
- Cancellation 60-89 days prior = 75% refund of payment received or 75% transfer to another date
- Cancellation 30-59 days prior = 50% refund of payment received or 50% transfer to another date
- Cancellation less than 30 days = No refund of deposit or payment.
- SDGF will charge a €100 administration fee to all deposits and payments received upon tour cancellation by the client. In addition, each individual lodge/affiliate may charge their own handling and/or administration fee relating to cancellations.
- If NO additional or revised terms and conditions policies are added to the tour by affiliates or lodges at the date of booking, all SDGF Terms and Conditions are applicable and stay in force.
- Depending on destination and lodge/affiliate operator, SDGF will, before booking, inform and send updated terms and conditions to the client to ensure client is aware of the lodges/affiliates cancellation and refund terms and conditions.
If you have any queries about anything on this page, please contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you.