Updated: 2 May 2018
Terms & Conditions
Please read through and familiarise yourself with Salty Dog Game Fishing’s (SDGF) Terms & Conditions before participating in any of our arranged activities. All Terms and Conditions are binding once a trip is booked. We try to be as concise as possible, but if you have any concerns or queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Please satisfy yourself that you have been given adequate guidance as to the suitability of the fishing trip before booking. If in any doubt please contact us.
- The minimum age for all fishing trips is 18. Minors have to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Whilst on board, for your own safety and the safety of the crew and other anglers, the decision of the Skipper is final.
- Full payment is required to secure a booking.
- Settlement must be made up to two weeks before the date of your trip; SDGF reserves the right to re-book the trip if payment hasn’t been made two weeks before the trip.
- There are 2 options to pay, either by Paypal or a direct bank transfer. Paypal will give an option to pay by credit card as well, if preferred. There are details of both on our booking page.
- You have to accept our terms & conditions, when booking and paying for a SDGF activity. An indemnity agreement will be sent to you to sign electronically a week before taking part in any of our activities. If you have any queries, please contact us.
- SDGF reserves the right to cancel any activities arranged by us due to severe weather conditions at any time. We will endeavour to find an alternative date to accommodate you, but in the case that an alternative date cannot be found, you will be issued with a refund and our liability will cease forthwith.
- If you have to cancel for any reason at any time prior to the trip, SDGF will refund 50% of total amount paid. Refunds will only be given if a minimum of 7 days notice of cancellation has been given. (This does not apply to activities booked through Sportfish and Orvis; please refer to their terms & conditions.)
- SDGF does not accept any liability whatsoever in respect of personal injury, loss or damage to effects howsoever caused, whilst participating in activities arranged by us.
- We strongly recommend you take out personal Travel Insurance to cover possible loss of gear, medical expenses, cancellation, etc.
- As our activities do have a physical element, you should have an adequate level of fitness. Please see our Indemnity Conditions and contact us if you’re not sure.
If you have a medical condition, e.g. epilepsy, heart condition, giddy spells, asthma, diabetes etc, you are strongly advised to check with your doctor before booking. Should you suffer from any condition you should disclose this information to us before booking any activities with SDGF. This information will not disqualify you from participation, but for the safety for all on board the skipper reserves the right to know about any conditions you might suffer.
Destinations outside the UK – General
SDGF understands that on receipt of deposit and/or final payment it signifies acknowledgement that the client has read, understood and accepted all clauses regarding deposit, cancellation, refund and responsibility applicable to his/her (the client’s) specific trip.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, SDGF DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO CLIENTS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING AND WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- A 50% deposit of the total package cost per person for each tour outside the UK to any of our destinations is payable to SDGF within 7 days of booking to secure the reservation.
- Full payment is payable to SDGF no later than 60 days before departure.
- Reservations for any of our tours outside the UK for which payment is not received on time as per the terms are subject to cancellation by SDGF. You will receive 7 days notification of cancellation.
- For cancellations of any of our tours outside the UK written notice must be given to SDGF. The date the cancellation letter is written (please make sure written cancellation is dated) will be taken as the start date of notice of cancellation. All mailed/postal services correspondence must be received within 7 days of cancellation letter dated, by its author. All electronic correspondence will be of effect on receipt date to our inbox, and the reply of confirmation of receipt by the SDGF team.
- Baggage and personal effects of clients, including items purchased while on tour, are the sole responsibility of such clients at all times and no agent or affiliates of SDGF is authorised to accept these for storage, safekeeping or transportation.
- SDGF is not responsible for, and do not assume responsibility for, the acts or omissions of any third-party contractors, outfitters, airlines, railroads, ship owners, charter air carriers, sea or road shuttle services and taxi drivers, hotels, lodges, independent fishing guides or other service providers engaged by SDGF on behalf of the client, or the client directly in connection with any tour.
- Clients are subject to the tariffs, terms and conditions of all tickets, vouchers and contracts of such hotel/lodges, airlines, ferry/boat services, rail-service operators, owners and contractors issued in connection with the tour, and the issuance and acceptance of any such tickets, vouchers and contracts shall be deemed to be consent to such conditions.
- SDGF in its sole discretion reserves the right to make alterations to the tour itinerary as it deems necessary and to pass on to clients all costs occasioned by delays or occurrences beyond their control.
- All guests must have a comprehensive travel and medical emergency evacuation insurance policy, to cover them for the duration of the trip.
- Please find below specific refund and cancellation terms and conditions for destination tours, as some of our affiliates do have their own terms and conditions regarding deposit, refunds and cancellations for booked services.
Refunds and Cancellations
- SDGF will charge a £75.00 administration fee to all deposits and payments received upon tour cancellation by the client. In addition, each individual lodge/affiliate may charge their own handling and/or administration fee relating to cancellations. All cancellations must be given in writing to SDGF as stated above.
- Please keep in mind that SDGF and all clients must adhere to each individual lodge/affiliate cancellation and refund policy.
- If NO additional or revised terms and conditions policies are added to the tour by affiliates or lodges at the date of booking, all SDGF Terms and Conditions are applicable and stay in force.
- Depending on destination and lodge/affiliate operator, SDGF will before booking, inform and send updated terms and conditions to the client to ensure client is aware of the lodges/affiliates cancellation and refund terms and conditions.
Additional Terms & Conditions for destinations
- The client forfeits 50% of the deposit paid for cancellations made 6 to 4 months prior to the departure date.
- The client forfeits the full deposit for cancellations made 4 to 3 months (or less) prior to the departure date.
- The client forfeits the full package fee for cancellations made 2 months or less prior to the departure date.
- Full deposits (minus an administration fee of £75.00 charged by SDGF) will only be refunded if a replacement angler can be found for the same tour date by the client. All SDGF terms and conditions will be applicable for the replacement client.
- Unused portions of any tour package will not be refunded.